Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changes to "Export to PowerPoint" have made the experience worse!

I have been exporting company reports to PowerPoint for around 1 year, this has allowed me to export the images from each slide easily as I can use 7zip to extract every image from the .ppt in once action.

In the past month the export has started to include the slide number in the pictures, this means I then have to crop every individual picture to remove the slide numbers. Whose idea was this? It has made the images uglier and less usable (because the slide numbers in the image dont line up with every slide in every pack I will use them in) with no benefit. If page numbers are needed they should be in the .ppt slide, not embedded into the bottom of every picture.

Please tell me there is a work around to allow me to simply export images of every page in my reports again!

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

This issue has been submited internal(ICM: 301468668). There is no form of disabling it so far . This is by design. Or as a workaroud, you can export it as PDF to PPT. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kalyj. I just don't understand why anyone would ever want this, if you have the slides in a PowerPoint then the image numbers don't line up with the slide numbers anyway! It is a bad ideal badly implemented.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for the bad experience, really a little annoying, maybe someone need this feather? 

Maybe it will be different in the future if more people don't want this feature, you can submit an idea, other people may vote it.

Best Regards,

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

This issue has been submited internal(ICM: 301468668). There is no form of disabling it so far . This is by design. Or as a workaroud, you can export it as PDF to PPT. 

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors