Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

yaz_d89
Regular Visitor

Cannot log in to Power BI - grey screen of death

Hi all,

A number of users on my domain are no longer able to view any of their dashboards in Power BI. Upon signing in, they just see a grey screen with the Power BI logo looking like its loading, however, nothing happens.

This is happening in both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Have tried removing all cached and saved passwords and resetting passwords. Their accounts work when accessed from a different laptop/ipad, however, something has happened to the configuration on their main PCs.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Aneesh
Regular Visitor

Any solution for that ?

TomW
Regular Visitor

I just had this issue- working fine on Edge but failed with a 500 error on Chrome.

Clearing my cookies & cache on Chrome worked for me.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Can you log into other Office 365 applications?

The reason that I ask is in an organization that I was working in previously their AAD (Azure Active Directory) authentication was not done by AAD, but rather through their own page. And with something similar it turned out that there was an issue with the authentication between their On-Premise AD and the AAD.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @yaz_d89,

What're the versions of your Chrome and Internet Explorer? Only the latest version of Chrome and Internet Explorer 11 are supported for Power BI. See all supported browsers for Power BI here.

Regards

Google Chrome is the most up to date version. I have just experimented by downloading Firefox, and I'm able to get access via that. So that suggests it is something in the IE/Chrome settings.

Clearing Power BI cookies on Chrome has resolved the issue for me.

geoffwood
Frequent Visitor

I can't help, but I can confirm something is going on. It works fine for me in Edge, and IE, but Chrome on the same machine just throws an error:

The app.powerbi.com page isn’t working

app.powerbi.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors