Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you call an Oracle Stored from a Published Paginated Report

Hello, I have tried to call an oracle stored procedure returning a sys_refcursor and I am getting the below error.  Now if I take the same query and use the same parameters it works fine.  I know this is an option, but we are converting around 200 reports from OBIEE to Power BI Paginated Reports.  I looked online and they are saying it is not possible to call an oracle stored procedure from a published paginated report.  I need to know if this is true or is there a work around.

Unable to render paginated report

Data for this report could not be loaded due to an on-premises gateway error. A query in this report may be returning a field which is not supported by the on-premises gateway. Please remove any fields containing user-defined types or unsupported gateway types and try again.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found out what I was doing wrong.  In OBIEE it requires using a OUT parameter for the cursor.  This works in local development.  However once published it doesn't work.  The workaround is to use dbms_sql.return_result(cursorname).  This works on the on-premise gateway, but it really doesn't work locally.  Go Figure.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found out what I was doing wrong.  In OBIEE it requires using a OUT parameter for the cursor.  This works in local development.  However once published it doesn't work.  The workaround is to use dbms_sql.return_result(cursorname).  This works on the on-premise gateway, but it really doesn't work locally.  Go Figure.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

What are you using? Power BI Service or Power BI Report Server?

Best Regards,

Icey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Reporting servers are on-premise servers and we only used the cloud based solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors