Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone explain to me what is this Measurefolder?

Javierphang_0-1641975359674.png

Hello everyone, i am unsure what is the icon beside the word MeasureFolder. It is not a table or a measure. This project was done by the another developer. Furthermore, i want to know how can i create a table which i can manually key in each measure just like the above picture. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not a problem

1) Click on the [enter data] button on the ribbon.

2) you do to have to enter any data, we want an empty table

3) In the name textbox at the bottom enter the name you want to use. (this needs to be unique) then push load

3) when the table has been created, make a new measure in that table, you can right-click on the table and select the [New Measaure] option.

4) once the measure has been added, hide the column (Probably called 'column 1')

that should change the icon of the table and move it to the top of the list

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi

This is simply a way to group measures together instead of putting them into tables, it dates back to the old Multidimensional days where we had something called a measure group.

It is still a good way to arrange your measures.

To create it just create an empty table (I often use [Enter data] for this) with the name you want, then add any measures you want. if you then hide or delete any columns in the table you will see what you are seeing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thank you for the quick reply. Do you have any idea how can i create this?

Yes, I listed the steps briefly above. is there anything there that I did not explain clearly enough?

But you can turn any table into a "measure group" by hiding the columns and only showing the measures. To hide a column you can [right-click] the column name then select [Hide]

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

The previous developer that worked on this project didnt have any DAX expression entered to create the measures.

Javierphang_0-1641977062691.png

When i create a new table, it gives me an error. Apologies, i am new to PowerBI. 

Not a problem

1) Click on the [enter data] button on the ribbon.

2) you do to have to enter any data, we want an empty table

3) In the name textbox at the bottom enter the name you want to use. (this needs to be unique) then push load

3) when the table has been created, make a new measure in that table, you can right-click on the table and select the [New Measaure] option.

4) once the measure has been added, hide the column (Probably called 'column 1')

that should change the icon of the table and move it to the top of the list

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors