Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JANewton

Can a guest user create subscriptions to other external email addresses

We currently have our PowerBI hosted using PowerBI Pro licences and have several guest user accounts that enables an external client access to a workspace hosting their data.  Whilst we have proved they can create their own subscriptions, sent to themselves, the issue we're having is working out how to enable them to create subscriptions and have them sent to other external email addresses.

Sending subscriptions to external users can only be done using a premium capacity, but does premium capacity enable guest users to create and maintain subscriptions to other external individuals, other than themselves?

For example, we host our client X's data in a premium capacity workspace.  Client X has their own clients A, B, C which is contained within the data we hold against client X.  Can client X create subscriptions and have them sent directly to their clients A, B and C?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey @JANewton ,

According to this article Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn and this statement "o be part of the organization. B2B guest users can't subscribe others only themselves. "  I am going to say that no, they can't do other external users.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey @JANewton ,

According to this article Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn and this statement "o be part of the organization. B2B guest users can't subscribe others only themselves. "  I am going to say that no, they can't do other external users.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors