Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Body of Email in the subscription option in the Power BI service

In the Power Bi Service, one the report is published, we can use the "Subscribe "option. The body of email can be selected as one of the tabs from the report, it would populate as an snapshot. The RLS logic is not filtering the visuals in the body of email when sent across to the end-users. Everybody are getting the aggregated data. How to solve this?

Thanks in Advance!!

6 REPLIES 6
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Currently, when you subscribe an RLS report to others, it will use your security context in the report snapshot rather than applying the recipients' security context dynamically. See considerations.

030802.jpg

Here are some ideas about email subscriptions with RLS feature that you can vote for.

Microsoft Idea · Email subscription with dynamic RLS from recipient Email ID

Microsoft Idea · Report subscriptions with Row Level Security

If it is possible, you can ask the recipitents to subscribe the report to themselves, in this way they will receive the report snapshot with their own security context applied.

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jing,

Thanks for the response. I will tryout the way you have mentioned. The only  concern here I have is , I have around 65 end-users to subscribe on there own. Do we require a Premium version for each of them or Pro version is sufficient?

Thanks, 

Hi @Anonymous 

Pro license is sufficient. To subscribe a report to oneself, every user will need to have a pro license.

030901.jpg

Reference: Subscribe yourself to reports and dashboards - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Jing

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Why not?  You can export individual report pages.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Don't use subscriptions. Consider using Report exports with the proper filter (userprincipalname) applied.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ibendlin,

Thanks for the response, I wanted to use the "Subscription" option because in the body of the email , I can create a good summary by creating a "summary" tab in the report and then send across to the end-users. But this kind of "summary" I wont be able to send it using 'Report exports'.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Top Solution Authors