Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Architecture breaks when PPU-licence is removed from consultant account.

Hello, experts!

I've created a complete architecture in Power BI Service for a client, leveraging both staged dataflows and linked datasets across multiple workspaces. The dataflows are in a seperate premium per user workspace dedicated for the ETL, and the different "data marts" are stored as datasets in different workspaces, connected to the corresponding ending dataflow in the Dataflow-workspace, by using parameters. Dataflows uses computed engine and thus requires minimum a PPU-licence.
I've set up the entire architecture by using my PPU-licence provided by the client (thus the clients domain).

All works fine, and as a handover I've registered all datasets to the clients own account with the same PPU-licence. However, as soon as my licence is revoked, the dataset refresh fails, giving the following error message:

PerJ_0-1643366662653.png

As soon as I reactivate my licence, all works fine again.
Therefore, my question is: What are all the configurations needed to do to transfer the entire architecture from the developer and over to the client with the described architecture (apparently, client taking over the dataset in settings is not enough).

On the other hand, the dataflows itself seems to be refreshing without any errors (but I'm not positive that they actually do load in new data).

2 REPLIES 2
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

It looks to me like the user is unable to access the workspace with the dataflows in it. 

If they are logged in can they see the ETL workspace?

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they are assigned as admins of all workspaces in the solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors