Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

shavora

Approve rows

Hi,

I am not sure if this should be posted in here or Desktop forum, so apologies in advance. I will be starting on a project where we need to be able to change a column value in our Datasets. Once a month we would like to mark selected rows and change them to "Invoiced". I am wondering if this could be done from Power Bi where we have them visualized?

Or if we could utilize Power Automate in some fashion to do it?

My third and least appealing option is pushing the data to Sharepoint - make an approval there and then send it back to Power Bi.

Please advice 🙂

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Power Bi is a tool for reading data. You can't entry or modify data with it. You can just change data because you know a client has paid and now the value must be changed.

On the other hand you can build logic data. If you have business rules you can create column from conditions like: a new column that has the text "Current Month" for the current month and "Other month" for the rest of the history. That column will change when the month change. You can build logic columns from business rules like that. 

I hope that make sense.

P/D there are some projects ideas to mix PowerApps inside PowerBi to entry the necessary data. But it's not power bi by itself.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Yes, I know it's not meant to be used like it. This UI is very loved by our Finance department and adding another app or sharepoint site they have to open isn't a popular idea, hence the exploration of possibilities and workarounds. Explorting data to Excel from PowerBi is also much smoother than for example Sharepoint to excel (for Mac you only get a csv file for example).

I have seen that there is a Power Automate button that can be added to Power Bi for example. 

Still hopeful for ideas 🙂 whichever they are 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors