Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nikita_09
Frequent Visitor

Analyze in excel-direct query measure showing error -"string cannot be converted to unsigned int

Using direct query option for Fact table and putting fact table column in filter space . I have 700 million data in our fact table

MicrosoftTeams-image (4).png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nikita_09 ,

The reason for this error is that the direct query is directly connected to the data source, so there are restrictions on data conversion. When connected to the OLAP source, no conversion can be defined at all, and the entire external model is taken from the source.

vhenrykmstf_0-1630565874789.png

For more details, you can read related document:

Using DirectQuery in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

I suggest to make this directly on the data source (if you have SSAS just change the datatype on it or cast if you have a sql source).

If you doesn't have the chance to edit on the source I suggest to use import mode.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

nikita_09
Frequent Visitor

Hi   , we are using Snowflake Db to connect directly with power bi .. all the views are there in Snowflake Development environment . We finally figure out issue as this was coming out becaure of clicking on restricting the credential data source shown in below image while configuring the data source

nikita_09_0-1630679889178.jpeg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nikita_09
Frequent Visitor

Hi   , we are using Snowflake Db to connect directly with power bi .. all the views are there in Snowflake Development environment . We finally figure out issue as this was coming out becaure of clicking on restricting the credential data source shown in below image while configuring the data source

nikita_09_0-1630679889178.jpeg

hi nikita,

am facing very similar issue and still not able to fix it.  I couldnt see that option to disable that restrict user. Need more insgihts on this please. i

Hi @nikita_09 ,

If my suggestion is helpful to you, you can mark the correct reply as the standard answer to help the other members find it more quickly.

If there are still problems, please point out and I will answer you as soon as possible. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nikita_09 ,

The reason for this error is that the direct query is directly connected to the data source, so there are restrictions on data conversion. When connected to the OLAP source, no conversion can be defined at all, and the entire external model is taken from the source.

vhenrykmstf_0-1630565874789.png

For more details, you can read related document:

Using DirectQuery in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

I suggest to make this directly on the data source (if you have SSAS just change the datatype on it or cast if you have a sql source).

If you doesn't have the chance to edit on the source I suggest to use import mode.

Best Regards,
Henry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors