Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dan2
Helper I
Helper I

Adding external images when using the web embedded editor

I would like to know how to add images such as a company logo to a powerbi dashboard that is being edited thru the embedded editor. When using the powerbi client it allows you to do this. But when using the web embedded editor there is no visible way to add an image. You can add a textbox, shapes, etc. Just no images?

Thanks, Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Dan2,

Currently, there is no such a option do add image as you could do in Power BI desktop. Thank you for your understanding and submiting the idea.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dan2
Helper I
Helper I

I have found a work-around but not really a good one. By either using the Image Viewer 3rd party control or by creating our own custom control we can allow the user to select from a pref-defined list of url's that must be present in a table in the dashboard. Then the dashboard will pull the image by url when loaded. 

Not exactly what I was looking for, but thought I would mention this. I will keep this open and also created a user voice for this enhancement.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/19537702-allow-upload-of-images-t...

@Dan2,

Currently, there is no such a option do add image as you could do in Power BI desktop. Thank you for your understanding and submiting the idea.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors