Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SushKP
Frequent Visitor

Add back button which navigates back to dashboard

I have a dashboard on PBI service which has visuals from 2 different reports. Once, I click one of the visual, it automatically navigates to that page in the report. I wanted to add a Back button on this page, which when clicked should bring me back to dashboard. I tried doing it, but the button just doesn't work. 

Is it not possible to create button to naviagte to dashboard at all. Please let me know.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Greg, 

Thanks for the solution. I tried putting in the URL for the button. However, when I click that the dashboard opens in another new window. Is it not possible to directly open the dashboard in same window ?

I appreciate you solution. 

Thanks 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @SushKP 

The method I know:
1. When there are no multiple URLs to jump, directly click the browser back, or right-click the menu to select back, or the shortcut key "ALT"+"←"(back).
2. Paste the dashboard URL in the address bar and press Enter
3. Paste the URL for the button as mentioned by Gregg.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@SushKP Copy the URL to the dashboard. Use an Action of Web URL for a Button. Paste the URL.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi Greg, 

Thanks for the solution. I tried putting in the URL for the button. However, when I click that the dashboard opens in another new window. Is it not possible to directly open the dashboard in same window ?

I appreciate you solution. 

Thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors