Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

usinghal
Frequent Visitor

Action bar not visible on power bi embedded report

Hi All,

I have all the below permissions in the azure AD group for service principal, but still, I am not able to view the action bar on the report in View Mode.

usinghal_0-1713337810438.png

I have also added it to the code, but still I am not able to view the action bar

usinghal_1-1713337809904.png

Do I need any other permission to enable the action bar or anything I am missing, please suggest?

2 REPLIES 2
usinghal
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-rongtiep-msft 

I got the UserState.ReadWrite.All permission but still I am not able to see the action bar on the report

usinghal_0-1713952036308.png

Is there anything else I am missing on this?

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @usinghal ,

Power BI admin rights are required to enable service principal in developer settings within the Power BI Admin portal.

Service principal only supports some read-only admin APIs. To enable service principal support for read-only admin APIs, you have to enable the Power BI service admin settings in your tenant. 

More details: Embed Power BI content in an embedded analytics application with service principal and an applicatio...

To provide full action bar functionality, you must grant users UserState.ReadWrite.All permission for your application in Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).

Use the action bar to enhance user experience in a Power BI embedded analytics application | Microso...

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Microsoft Fabric Community

If it does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors