Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Reply
SteveNzeko
Regular Visitor

undmetadata translation problem in the display of a power bi reportefined

I have an operation in my display that I find logical, but I would like to be sure; I explain: I have a dataset whose advances are translated into English (American) by TE3. I remind you that the default language of the model in power bi desktop is French. Once my dataset is published and the browser language is set to English, when I refresh my web page several times, the report is sometimes displayed in English (American) and sometimes it displays the advanced features in the language entered in my template. My question is: is this normal? Or is it a bug?

If I refresh the page several times, the deleted items are sometimes displayed in English (cities, product, amount, categories) and sometimes the default names (column1,2,3,4) are displayed

3 REPLIES 3
RachelGomez1619
Helper II
Helper II

Export your file again, and compare it with the identified key. If the identified key was modified, use the newly exported key. If it doesn’t exist in the exported translation file, delete the identified key from the translation file.

 

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SteveNzeko ,

 

It is possible that this behavior is caused by a setting in Power BI that specifies the language to use for the report. It is also possible that the language of the report is determined by the language preference of the browser or operating system that is being used to view the report.

In order to determine the cause of this behavior, it would be helpful to know more about the specific settings and configurations that are in place for the report and for the Power BI environment. It would also be helpful to know more about the steps that you are taking to refresh the report and the specific behavior that you are observing.

 

If you are able to provide more information about your specific situation, I may be able to provide more specific guidance on how to troubleshoot and resolve this issue.


Best Regards,
Henry


If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am using powerbi for the server and I am experiencing this problem.
When I deploy the sample report that I have translated into several languages on our PowerBI/SSRS portal and run it.
Normally the translation should be in the same language as the browser language.
This is not the case.
Ex: If the report has two translations, en-US and fr-FR. on the portal sometimes the translation appears in En-US and if I update it immediately the translations change to fr-FR.
I test it on IE, Firefox and edge with the same problems.
NB: French is the default language in power bi.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

March 2024 PBI Gallery Image

Power BI Monthly Update - March 2024

Check out the March 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.