Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

omnia_saleh
Helper II
Helper II

powerbi report server metadata

why table [Event] in database ReportServer has no data in sql server managemet studio?

5 REPLIES 5
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

It's impossible to say. Microsoft does not document or support directly accessing any of the objects in the Report Server database with the exception of the ExecutionLog views

I can access alot of tables like catalog,Policies,Roles,Users but table event,history,subscription  has on data in ReportServer database in SSMS

@omnia_saleh wrote:

I can access alot of tables like catalog,Policies,Roles,Users but table event,history,subscription  has on data in ReportServer database in SSMS

Yes, they cannot block access to people that have high enough rights on the database server. But they do not support making changes to the tables or even querying them directly. It can cause blocking and interfere with the normal operation of Report Server.

I want to see data in table  [Event] and [history] in ReportServer database  in sql server managemet studio when i do select on it dont retrive any data why althoughi can select from tables like catalog,Policies,Roles,Users

Is not recommended use these undocumented tables directly. Use API access.

But unformately, Event table is not log, these are records only for short time during PBI report refresh queuing. History table is only for history snapshots of paginated reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.