Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lazurens2
Frequent Visitor

What is the equivalent to workspaces in Report Server

Hello, 

I am new t Power BI, but come from a BI background. 

My question is : For Power BI Report Server, is it possible to publish reports into different categories and grant access to users based on that (just like the workspaces in PBI Service) ?

Example : 

User 1 -- Access Folder 1 -- Sees Reports 

But User 1 doesn't see Folder 2 and 3

Thanks in advance ! 

2 REPLIES 2
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lazurens2 ,

1. You could create "Folder" in Power BI Report Server Portal, when you save report in to PBIRS, you could choose the folder.

2. The web portal application runs in a browser. When you start the web portal, the pages, links, and options you see vary based on the permissions you have on the report server. If you're assigned to a role with full permissions, you have access to the complete set of application menus and pages for managing a report server. If you're assigned to a role with permissions to view and run reports, you only see the menus and pages you need for those activities. You can have different role assignments for different report servers, or even for the various reports and folders on a single report server.

For more details, you can read related document: Manage content in the Power BI Report Server web portal - Power BI | Microsoft Learn , Create, Delete, or Modify a Folder - Reporting Services - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | Mic...

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@lazurens2 Seems like it:

Create, Delete, or Modify a Folder - Reporting Services - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | Mic...

Manage content in the Power BI Report Server web portal - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors