Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DDmspbirs
Regular Visitor

Upgrade to version Jan2020 cache issue on loading dashboards

Hi Guys,

We've update our PBI RS version from a very old Oct 2017 to the pretty new Jan2020 and our customers are suffering of an issue of invalid cache that make difficult for them to correctly load the existing Dashboards without hard refreshing their browser cache.

Is there any solution server side (on the PBI RS) we can do to fix this issue for all our customers in order to avoid having to inform each one about this unpleasant clear of cache?

I would like not to have to downgrade the version, but in case let me know the closed version that doesn't have this issue please.

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@DDmspbirs wrote:

Is there any solution server side (on the PBI RS) we can do to fix this issue for all our customers in order to avoid having to inform each one about this unpleasant clear of cache?

No I do not believe there is any server side solution. The issue is most likely that some of the clientside javascript is using old files, but it's not checking with the server for updated versions. I have seen issues like this a while ago, but I think the newer releases no longer have this issue. But since you are upgrading from such an old version I don't think there is any server side fix. 

Hi @d_gosbell thanks for you feedback, I've seen many issues like that referring to August 2018 and Jan2019 upgrade but not to Jan2020. However I think something changed for sure from Oct2017 and Jan2019 (maybe exactly from August 2018) so my issue is a side effect of this step.. Anyway, I've informed all my customers to hard refresh the cash. If I will get planty of complaining I will evaluate a downgrade up to March 2018 (that is seems the closed version where this issue still was not present).

BR

D.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.