Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AhmadHoshy

Updating a Published Power BI Report

Hello Everyone!

Since I am new to using Power BI, I have a question that may sound a bit beginner-ish.

After working on a Power BI report on the desktop version, I have Published the report to be shared between me & my colleagues.

My question is, what is the best way to update the data for this report, without affecting access to the report itself?

My end result would be a shared report, which I can add monthly updates to, and be reflected within the same already published report.

Thank you so much in advance, appreciate it if someone could help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Shahfaisal
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Assuming you have published your report to Power BI Report server, you can setup a scheudled refresh to update your data.

See - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/configure-scheduled-refresh

Creating a Schedule Refresh Plan

Follow these steps to create a scheduled refresh plan.

1. In the web portal, right-click on the Power BI report and select Manage.

2. In the left menu, select the Scheduled refresh tab.

3. On the Scheduled refresh page, select New scheduled refresh plan.

4. On the New Scheduled Refresh Plan page, enter a description and set a schedule for when you want your data model to be refreshed.

5. Select Create scheduled refresh plan when done.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Shahfaisal
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Assuming you have published your report to Power BI Report server, you can setup a scheudled refresh to update your data.

See - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/configure-scheduled-refresh

Creating a Schedule Refresh Plan

Follow these steps to create a scheduled refresh plan.

1. In the web portal, right-click on the Power BI report and select Manage.

2. In the left menu, select the Scheduled refresh tab.

3. On the Scheduled refresh page, select New scheduled refresh plan.

4. On the New Scheduled Refresh Plan page, enter a description and set a schedule for when you want your data model to be refreshed.

5. Select Create scheduled refresh plan when done.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.