Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unavailable to Export Data with Current Layout - Power BI Report Server

Hi all,
After the last update of Power BI Report server, version 2.109.1021.0 (septembre 2022), I have seen that now there are three options to export to excel, however, the option that interests me to export Data wih current Layout is disabled

DanielaM_0-1667830891160.png

I have created a simple report with a visualization type matrix, and I am already considering all the posts I have seen to export matrices : 

"- Matrices with columns and/or values but no rows will be exported as having rows and/or values but no columns

- Matrices with only one row and/or values but no columns will be exported as table (no right border separator)

- If the Show on rows toggle is set to 'On' in Power BI Desktop for a table or matrix visual, the visual format would not be preserved when data is exported to Excel

- f the Row subtotals toggle is set to 'Off' in Power BI Desktop for a matrix visual, but the matrix visual has expanded and collapsed sections, exported data will contain subtotals for rows. To work around this issue, use the Expand | All command from the visual's context menu."

I have published the report in the Power BI Report Server version and when I clic "Export Data" on the matrix I do not have the option available to export Data wih current Layaout.

A colleague published the same report in the Power BI Services version and there the option Data wih current Layout is available.

Could it be that this option is not yet fully developed for Power BI Report Server?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Daniela

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Petebro
Employee
Employee

This is sort of a byproduct of features being developed in different parts of the Power BI orginization and lighting up in different products at different times. Unfortunately, without getting into too detailed of an explanation, it is a feature that is not available yet in PBIRS. This should be addressed and work in the January PBIRS release next year.

View solution in original post

Hi everyone, 

Unfortunately, this new feature is still not added to January 2023 release of Report Server, it got delayed.

As Pete mentioned earlier in his reply, that's one of features developed in a different part of Power BI, and we simply didn't get it in RS yet. 

We are following up frequently, and will include the feature as soon as it's ready 😌 

Sorry about the inconvenience. 

About the download page - it is a known thing, that it takes more time for files to be updated in some regions. We will look if we can make it faster next time. 

Thanks for understanding!

Alexandra  

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
SandroCtbabr

OK, I'm in Jan23 version.... and I'm with the same problem =/

Microsoft Office treats capsule files from Tally.ERP 9 as unsafe, and prevents export to MS Excel.

Solution
To resolve this issue, change the Trust Center settings in MS Excel to mark Tally.ERP 9 as safe.

To change Trust Center settings in MS Excel

1. Open MS Excel.

2. Click the FILE menu.

3. Click the Options tab.

4. Click Trust Center in the pop-up window that appears, and then click the Trust Center Settings button.

5. Click Trusted Locations , and then c lick the Add new location button.

6. Enter the Path where Tally.ERP 9 has been installed on your computer. Select the check box Subfolders of this location are also trusted , and click OK .

7. Click OK in the Trust Center screen to save the settings.

This may help you,

Rachel Gomez

Petebro
Employee
Employee

This is sort of a byproduct of features being developed in different parts of the Power BI orginization and lighting up in different products at different times. Unfortunately, without getting into too detailed of an explanation, it is a feature that is not available yet in PBIRS. This should be addressed and work in the January PBIRS release next year.

Hello, the feature was supposed to be available in January 2023, but it was not, when will be available? The current layout export from PBIRS? Thank you!

There is an update below in this thread.

Can you please share your update the thread is confussing?

Sorry I agree that threads on here can get confusing. The summary is that this was delayed because of technical challenges we have faced. At this time there is no update or estimate on which version if any will get this feature. However, as always the Power BI service has this and many more features supported and will always been the suggested platform for cutting edge features.

This was supposed to be addressed in January 2023.
It is already October 2023 and it is still not available.
Is there any ETA when this feature will be enabled?

Any updates on this?
Is MS considering to fix this one day?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Petebro , for this information.

We will be very attentive to the January release

Is there any known roadmap for this next release ?

Thank you @Petebro for your reply.

We will be patient for January release :-).

Is there any known roadmap for this next release ?

mdx2
Regular Visitor

We have the same need here and... the same issue with Power BI Report Server Septembre 2022 and Power BI Desktop September 2022.

When we use Power BI Service, the option is not greyed with our basic matrix but when we publish it on our Power BI Report Server, the option is greyed out.

Can you please help @Petebro@v-rongtiep-msft ?

Michael

AgnesB
Frequent Visitor

We experience the same issue. Report Server September 2022, and there is no way to activate the grey layout export setting. We have checked in the report settings, and it does not matter which of the first two options are activated, current layout export is still not possible.

AgnesB_0-1667894809954.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @AgnesB  for your reply.

As @Petebro said, this feature is not available yet in PBIRS. This should be addressed and work in the January PBIRS release next year 🙏🤞

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.