Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

lastephens69
Frequent Visitor

Subscription Failures - Unable to load assembly

We just upgraded our Report Server to the January Version from SSRS 2005(made the hop to 2008 then to the latest version). Now some of our subscriptions are failing to run correctly and I have not been able to determine what is causing the errors. We have subscriptions that send emails, use our own delivery extension and save to a file share. There is no pattern that I can find as to which ones are failing. We even have cases where the report has mutliple subscriptions an only some of them fail.

I have been trying to google and research this issue, but have only found references to fixes that were needed in the August release, but the issue was supposed to have been fixed in the January release.

I have tried resaving the reports to the report server, and that has worked for a few of the subscriptions, but not all of them.

Each report that fails shows the following two errors in the log:

e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ServerConfigurationErrorException: Unable to load assembly Microsoft.ReportingServices.Cloud.DataExtensions, Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ServerConfigurationErrorException: The report server has encountered a configuration error. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.Cloud.DataExtensions' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

e ERROR: Exception caught instantiating DAX report server extension: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ServerConfigurationErrorException: The report server has encountered a configuration error. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.Cloud.DataExtensions' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

4 REPLIES 4
sheetalshettiga
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hello,

I am facing below error for email subscrition in Power Bi Report Server .Please Reply if you have any answer.

ERROR: Exception caught instantiating DAX report server extension: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ServerConfigurationErrorException: The report server has encountered a configuration error. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.Cloud.DataExtensions' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified..

JonasKjeldsenDK
Regular Visitor

I have encountered the exact same error when trying to run data driven subscriptions with the September 2019 version of Report Server (Power BI)  standard SSRS paginated reports.

Any help?

I never heard what caused the issue for the customer. But you can run fusionlog and find out what is missing. Then you need to find that dll and put it in a location PBIRS can find. Most likely the bin folder in the program files location.

bradsy
Employee
Employee

Hi Lastephens69,

An assembly is missing, but it is unclear which one. It may not be the one mentioned in the error. You will need to figure out what assembly is missing. . You can run FusionLog to get more detail. This has a good description: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/255669/how-to-enable-assembly-bind-failure-logging-fusion-in-net

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.