Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report builder issues/capabilities

Hi All,

I want to know whether few things are possible to achieve in power bi report builder and also few other things,

I am using power bi dataset as the source for my paginated report and i have 3 tables, each will be shown in 3 pages by using page breaks.

1) User says the report is slow. I have used around 14 filter conditions in my Dax query, out of which 11 are used as parameters in the report. Is this a reason for slowness? Also need some inputs on Do and Donts to reduce the report loading time.

2) The parameters should show All/Multiple selection on the basis of selection made instead of showing values concatenated by comma . Is it achievable? I know it can be done by appending "All" to the parameter values. But is there any other way?

3) Exception handling - When there is no data for 2nd and 3rd table visual, the headers for these tables (which is just a textbox) falls unders same page. I want to have 3 pages constantly even when there is no data for the tables.

4) Exception handling - I have added page names to each visual, so when exported to excel, the sheet name will be the same name as the page name i provided.

The issue is when there is no data for 2nd and 3rd table visual, the 3rd sheet shows the same name as 2nd sheet.

For eg, consider the page name is set as A, B and C for each visuals. When no data available and when exported to excel, instead of showing sheet names as A,B and C., it shows A,B and B(2). How to handle this?

5) Session is getting expired every 10 minutes. Can we increase the time for this? I tried with getting the power bi dataset using XMLA endpoint but still the session stays just for I guess 20 mins and then expires.

Sorry for the lengthy message and thanks in advance.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Kudoed Authors