Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OnurRohatOktay
Frequent Visitor

Report Viewing Problem for my teammates

I made a report with my pro account and when I share it with my team, they can't access it because it says they need a pro account too. Why do my teammates need to get pro licenses for only view the report? Is there any way to see the report without Pro licenses?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
timg
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi OurRohatOktay,

Yes, there are some different ways to share without a Pro licence, but these methods have their own drawbacks and in general the best way to share (on a small scale) will be through Pro licences:

• With a premium licence: With this licence you will be able to share with users without them needing a Pro licence, though the premium licence is quite costly.
  • With PBI embedded: With PBI embedded you can share with users through a portal of your own design, though PBI embedded can also be quite costly (similar to PBI premium)
  • With publish to web: this functionality is used to share a report with everyone online without them needing a licence, though this method also has zero security (everyone with an internet connection and the URL will be able to access the report)
  • by sharing the PBIX file: You can share the PBIX file similar to how you would share an excel file, though with this method you would lack all the functionality you would have in PBI service (security, ease of use, automated rerfreshes etc. etc.)

Best regards,

Tim

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

@timg is correct. Unless you want to publish to the entire world with no security (Publish to Web) or skip the Service entirely and just share .pbix files, any other sharing involves paying for some sort of license (Pro, Premium, Embedded, or Premium Per User).

timg
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi OurRohatOktay,

Yes, there are some different ways to share without a Pro licence, but these methods have their own drawbacks and in general the best way to share (on a small scale) will be through Pro licences:

• With a premium licence: With this licence you will be able to share with users without them needing a Pro licence, though the premium licence is quite costly.
  • With PBI embedded: With PBI embedded you can share with users through a portal of your own design, though PBI embedded can also be quite costly (similar to PBI premium)
  • With publish to web: this functionality is used to share a report with everyone online without them needing a licence, though this method also has zero security (everyone with an internet connection and the URL will be able to access the report)
  • by sharing the PBIX file: You can share the PBIX file similar to how you would share an excel file, though with this method you would lack all the functionality you would have in PBI service (security, ease of use, automated rerfreshes etc. etc.)

Best regards,

Tim

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.