Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dzg7pl
Frequent Visitor

Report Server Development/Test Licensing

Hi there,

We need to install PBRIS into our development/test environment to enable us to validate product releases, future integrations and report development. All our developers have MSDN licenses. Apart from the 180 day trial, are there any other options for more permanent/longer term development/test licenses?

Cheers

Tim

7 REPLIES 7
twinrabbits
Advocate I
Advocate I

Where you able to use a SQL developer version to get this to work? I tries and received the error "does not work withthis version of SQL server"

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dzg7pl,

You can download Power BI report server installation file from here to configure Developer edition in your environment. To install report server, please follow this article: Install Power BI Report Server.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

What are the differences between the developer edition and the 180 trial/full licensed edition?

Functionality wise there are not differences, the difference is in the licensing and usage restrictions; for example developer edition cannot be used for production deployments.

Is the developer edition a completely separate installation package? Or is is the same with an option within to select the version?

It is the same package

jtarquino
Employee
Employee

Yes there is the Developer edition for that

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.