Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unicorn_Tech
Resolver I
Resolver I

Refreshing a report, with dataset

Hello.  I've created a report for users, pulling data from Dynamics CRM.  When we click the "Refresh" button below, it only refreshes the information based on what had been already daily synced.  To do a full refresh, like if data inside the CRM changed, I have to first manually refresh the dataset, and only then does the refresh here work.

Can you advise a way for my users to be able to fully and immediately refresh the report, once they've made changes within the CRM.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is a PowerBI Report, you likely need to schedule a refresh on the report for it to update the cached data from the defined data sources.  If you want users to see changes in-near real time, you could potentially schedule a refresh to occur quite frequently.  This could possibly cause performance impacts to your report server and Dynamics CRM source depending on the complexity and amount of data the report is pulling.  You could also change the data source within the report to live query the data instead of cache it (if this is possible with a Dynamics CRM source).

Hi @Anonymous .  Thanks for the reply.  It seems the most frequently I would be able to update the report is daily - do you know a way that refreshes could be scheduled for three times a day, perhaps? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

8HourSchedule.png.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.