Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

thewake
Frequent Visitor

'QueryExtensionSchema' is not supported on a SemanticQueryDataShapeCommand

Hey all,

I've got the Power BI Report server up and running, and a colleague has built a nice looking Power BI report which connects to Live Data (Analysis Services - Tabular). However when the report is publised, none of the visuals work - they all say

"QueryExtensionSchem' is not supported on a SemanticQueryDataShapeCommand".

I don't think any special/custom visuals have been used.....have I missed something in the setup somewhere?

Thanks for any help people can give 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
riccardomuti
Employee
Employee

Which version of Power BI Report Server are you using -- the May 2017 Preview or June 2017 GA? If you've created a measure within your report, you can expect this error with the May 2017 Preview, but it should work in the June 2017 GA.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
riccardomuti
Employee
Employee

Which version of Power BI Report Server are you using -- the May 2017 Preview or June 2017 GA? If you've created a measure within your report, you can expect this error with the May 2017 Preview, but it should work in the June 2017 GA.

Hi,

Thanks for the responses and the time you took to write them. I can only apologise!! It was the May release on the server, I was told my team had put June on it. (Slapped Wrist there! 🙂 ).

All working now.

Thanks again.

TheWake

Glad to hear! Thanks for confirming.

Petebro
Employee
Employee

Hi there,

From what you posted that should work. I'm scratching my head thinking of things that could be wrong and none pop to mind instantly. I'd be happy to work with you to figure out what the issue is though. Would you be able to provide me some of the logs from your server?

By default these logs are in: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles\

The one we'd be most intersted in is RSPowerBI_*.log where * will be a datetime. Could you do me a favor and render the PBIX report, get the error and then copy the latest messages from the log.

-Pete

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.