Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GP1234
Frequent Visitor

Premium Per User Sharing Contents with Free Users

Hi everyone.

I have read few posts, but still unclear on sharing report with free users. Here is my current situation.

My company is small and less than 8 people need to ability to VIEW (and click any filters like Year/month) the PBI report. I am the only person creating/editing the report from the PBI Desktop. If I have a Premium Per User license, when I publish my report in the premium workspace, can the 8 people view the report as free users?

From the other posts, sounds like viewing report as a free user is only available for Premium Per Capacities. Is this true?

What are the options for me to share the report?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@GP1234 wrote:

From the other posts, sounds like viewing report as a free user is only available for Premium Per Capacities. Is this true?

This is true, to see the content of a PPU workspace the users would need a PPU license. You can only share content with Free users when using Premium Capacity.

@GP1234 wrote:

Your options for sharing reports so that users can interact with them and change filters etc depends on the workspace where the reports are stored:

• If your content is in a PPU workspace all users that want to view that content need a PPU license.
  • If your content is in a Pro workspace all users that want to view that content need a Pro license or PPU license (PPU is an add-on to Pro).
  • If your content is in a Premium Capacity workspace then you can share with PPU, Pro and Free users.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@GP1234 wrote:

This is true, to see the content of a PPU workspace the users would need a PPU license. You can only share content with Free users when using Premium Capacity.

@GP1234 wrote:

Your options for sharing reports so that users can interact with them and change filters etc depends on the workspace where the reports are stored:

• If your content is in a PPU workspace all users that want to view that content need a PPU license.
  • If your content is in a Pro workspace all users that want to view that content need a Pro license or PPU license (PPU is an add-on to Pro).
  • If your content is in a Premium Capacity workspace then you can share with PPU, Pro and Free users.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.