Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tsam
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Report server datasources error after Oracle DB upgrade

Hello,

Recently there was a Oracle DB ugrade to 19 C version in my organization. After the upgrade I am not able to registed the data source in Report server portal and getting an error when i apply DB credentials and test the connection. This is the error i am facing How to sol

Couldn't connect

The report server couldn't connect to the data source using the information you entered. Make sure you've entered the connection string and any credentials correctly.

Hide error details

An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Unable to find an entry point named 'OpsConIsDRCPEnabled' in DLL 'OraOps12.dll'.'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jaweher899
Super User
Super User

The error message you're encountering suggests that there is a compatibility issue between the upgraded Oracle database and the Report Server portal. It appears that the Report Server portal is using an older version of the Oracle Client library that is not compatible with the new Oracle 19c version.

Here are a few steps that could help resolve the issue:

1. Upgrade the Oracle Client library to the latest version compatible with Oracle 19c.
  2. Check the compatibility between the version of the Oracle Client library and the Report Server portal.
  3. Try updating the connection string in the Report Server portal to use the new Oracle 19c database.
  4. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you may need to contact the vendor of the Report Server portal for further support.

It is also recommended to take a backup of the database and your report server before making any changes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jaweher899
Super User
Super User

The error message you're encountering suggests that there is a compatibility issue between the upgraded Oracle database and the Report Server portal. It appears that the Report Server portal is using an older version of the Oracle Client library that is not compatible with the new Oracle 19c version.

Here are a few steps that could help resolve the issue:

1. Upgrade the Oracle Client library to the latest version compatible with Oracle 19c.
  2. Check the compatibility between the version of the Oracle Client library and the Report Server portal.
  3. Try updating the connection string in the Report Server portal to use the new Oracle 19c database.
  4. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you may need to contact the vendor of the Report Server portal for further support.

It is also recommended to take a backup of the database and your report server before making any changes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.