Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

v-alipat
Employee
Employee

Power BI Report Server January 2023 has been Released!

We are pleased to announce the January 2023 update for Power BI Report Server.

The release can be found on the Microsoft Download Center

The changelog has been updated with the following information:

• Power BI Report Server

• Version: 1.16.8420.13742 (build 15.0.1111.115), Released: January 25, 2023
      • Features
        • Using of single quote in item names is enabled
        • Added ability to speed up History Snapshots loading by disabling its size calculation
        • Accessibility improvements
        • New Teal style theme introduced
      • Bug fixes
        • Fixed issue with datetime type conversion in PBIX reports using MySQL
        • Fixed disabling tooltips in PBIX reports
        • Fixed input of date in date slicer in PBIX reports

As always if you encounter an issue please contact support and/or create a new thread with as much detail as possible and tag @Petebro or @v-alipat. We will try to reply as quickly as possible.

- Alexandra 

29 REPLIES 29
ManuelEscanez
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

With this new version i am having a random issue with scheduled updates.

It is saying that "No credentials where found on the datasource" even though they are correct (SQL Server)

ManuelEscanez_0-1680771757462.png

It happened a few years ago and it was solved adding a line in the config file, but this is already in place but the problem has arised again...

The most strange thing is that the issue happens randomly with no explanation.....

I´ve been waiting for 1 month now for a new build that might fix this but nothing new...

Can you check that???

Thanks

shaw4
Regular Visitor

Thank you for reporting the issue really good thanks for sharing

Hi, 

Unfortunately this was not the final solution.

It is happening again... It needs to be something else....

Regards

Hi again,

I made a workaround that, for the moment seems to work.

The solution posted was editing the config.json file and completing this line under the section AS: 

"restartOnChangesTo": "ASPort,Workspaces.path,Hosting-databaseValidationStatus"

But I found that the following text was added (I assume that also in previous updates) under all sections:

Hosting-databaseValidationStatus

BUT NOT under the section "Management Process"

I added it manually and, so far, it is not returning any error message again...

I´ll keep up with this.

It is a pretty messy issue as it is random and leaves reports here and there outdated. In operational scenarios might create issues....

Regards

Riya28
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am experiencing challenges installing on Macbook

BobiD
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-alipat ,
it looks like there is an aissue with the date slicer when SSAS Multidimensional with live connection is used and a default value to the field over SSAS ( e.g. with head operation) is set. Then the calender is grayed out and nothing can be selected

BobiD_0-1676764073102.png

Any ideas or workarounds ? 
On the June/Jan 2022 - Versions is working without any issues

Thanks!

Bobi

Hi Bobi, How do you set the default value for the date slicer when SSAS Multidimensional with live connection is used? How do you fulfill a date visual like below when SSAS Multidimensional used?

RayLei_0-1676856316897.png

Best regards,

Ray

BobiD
Frequent Visitor

Hi @RayLei,
 I do set the standard value under Role-->Dimension-->Attribut with the following value:
head(StrToSet('[your-time-dimension].[your-time-attribute].&['+Format(Now(),'yyyy-MM-ddT00:00:00')+']')).item(0)

BR Bobi

Hi Bobi,

Kindly thank you for your prompt reply. If set the default value through role permission, user could not choose other date any more, right?

I fullfill dynamic default date throught concept of DateID, 0 always represents today, -1 represents yesterday, 1 represents tomorrow, 2 represents the day after tomorrow, and so forth. In dimension design, using DateID as value column, and use actual date (yyyy-MM-dd) as name column.

Power BI uses dimension value as internal value, thus the defualt date could automatically changes when actual date changing.

Just for your reference.

BR Ray

BobiD
Frequent Visitor

Hi @RayLei ,

on the January 2022 version is possible to select another date over the date slicer i.e. the default value filters the data initally once the report is opened and loads it for the current date ( today) and then the user can select another period. Here is a screenshot from my report:

BobiD_0-1676887409400.png

I'm pretty sure it was possible on the june 2022 version, too. I cannot verify it right now. Definately it is not working on January 2023 version, since the dates are greyed out

BR Bobi

Hi Bobi, 

Thank you for reporting the issue, I'll forward it to the appropriate team and let you know when we find out the reason or any workaround. 

Thanks,

Alexandra 

Hi @v-alipat ,
can you provide feedback to the topic ?

BR Bobi

BobiD
Frequent Visitor

hi @v-alipat ,
could you share your feedback to the topic please?

BR Bobi

Garcia16
Advocate II
Advocate II

How to access? Please provide download link 

Hi @Garcia16 , you can download the new build from the Microsoft Download Center.

JosephWyatt1738
Advocate II
Advocate II

Amazing!! 

RayLei
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi, I downloaded the right version on Jan 27th.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Petebro

下载网址是否正确?现在是2022年1月

Hi @Anonymous , 

The link is correct, probably it took a bit longer to get updated in your region? Could you please try again, or refresh the page. January 2022 used to be on that page before, but now it is January 2023 release there 🙂 

Thanks,

Alexandra Ipatova 

Anonymous
Not applicable

10多天过去了,还没更新,这未免太慢了,不应该是微软的效率

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors