Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Pascal77

Migrate power BI report between two Power BI report server environment (on-premises)

Hi there,

We want to set-up a deployment strategy, we have three Power bi report server environment (dev,test,prod) .

we just use power bi desktop and Power BI report server.

Our deployment strategy will be:

-Developers publish reports from the power bi desktop to the dev environment

-Admin will migrate reports from dev to test environment

-Admin will migrate reports from test to prod environment

the first step is retrieving catalog item, i can see the power bi report (ADW_adventures).

Pascal77_0-1683132298914.png

when migration start, i get errors for powerBIReport

Pascal77_1-1683132298934.png

Error:

Migrating PowerBIReport: /source/data/ADW_adventures

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The item '/source/data/ADW_adventures' cannot be found. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ItemNotFoundException: The item '/source/data/ADW_adventures' cannot be found.

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportingService2010Impl.GetItemDefinition(String ItemPath, Byte[]& Definition)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2010.GetItemDefinition(String ItemPath, Byte[]& Definition)

Do you have any insights why I’m getting the error? do you know if there is other solution for the deployment strategy?

Thanks 

Pascal

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

It looks like whatever code you are calling is trying to treat the Power BI report as a paginated report. A Power BI report should not be hitting any calls in the ReportingService2010Impl namespace

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors