Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to multiselect one field and based on the selection we need to multiselect second field in SSRS

Hi Team,

I want to use mutiselect in one parameter based on this selection, I want the next parameter to filter the value, 2nd parameter will be also be multiselect in SSRS Reporting.

Example:

In Continent I'm selecting: Asia, North America  // 1st Parameter

For next Parameter, I should get country of only these 2 continent. There also I want multiselect, Let say

In Country I'm selecting: India,USA,canada

Thanks..  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

A parameter can be multiselect or single. I cannot be both depending on selections.

FarhanAhmed_0-1649222368094.png

For the second parameter you need to pass 1st parameter value to 2nd Parameter's Dataset and then you will get he filtered values for your dataset. and then on parameters properties select 'Allow multiple values'

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

A parameter can be multiselect or single. I cannot be both depending on selections.

FarhanAhmed_0-1649222368094.png

For the second parameter you need to pass 1st parameter value to 2nd Parameter's Dataset and then you will get he filtered values for your dataset. and then on parameters properties select 'Allow multiple values'

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors