Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jding
Regular Visitor

Export Query Designer result - Power BI Report Builder

I am using Dataverse to diectly connect to Dynamics CRM. I'd like to export/save the query result but nothing I can do in the Query Deigner. I could build a report and export the data to Excel from there but it is not supposed to do in this way. Dose anyone have a better solution? Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jding ,

What's your purpose of using Power BI Report Builder?

If you are interested in just querying and exporting data, the same thing can be achieved using SQL Management studio. For more details, please check:

Use SQL to query data (Microsoft Dataverse) - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

ssms-join-query.png

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

jding
Regular Visitor

HI Icey,

Thanks for the reply. It is very helpful.

Yes, I can use SQL Studio to query the data but it will be convenient if the query result can be directly saved from Query Designer. Lots of cases, the query result needs to be checked and verrified by business users before running the final report. If the query result can be saved inside Query Designer, a single dataset can be serving for 2 purposes instead of copy and pasted SQL back and forth in different environments.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
garythomannCoGC
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Query Designer is a bug and should be removed/commented out 

Vote to have QD removed from the m$ code base.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jding ,

What's your purpose of using Power BI Report Builder?

If you are interested in just querying and exporting data, the same thing can be achieved using SQL Management studio. For more details, please check:

Use SQL to query data (Microsoft Dataverse) - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

ssms-join-query.png

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

jding
Regular Visitor

HI Icey,

Thanks for the reply. It is very helpful.

Yes, I can use SQL Studio to query the data but it will be convenient if the query result can be directly saved from Query Designer. Lots of cases, the query result needs to be checked and verrified by business users before running the final report. If the query result can be saved inside Query Designer, a single dataset can be serving for 2 purposes instead of copy and pasted SQL back and forth in different environments.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.