Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SteiniJonsson
Frequent Visitor

Error with query parameters (from shared datasets) after upgrading to January 2020 PBIRS

Hi

After upgrading to the January 2020 version of Power BI Report Server some of the reports failed with this error.

• An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
  • The execution failed for the shared data set 'DS1'. (rsDataSetExecutionError)
  • The execution failed for the shared data set 'DS2'. (rsDataSetExecutionError)
  • The execution failed for the shared data set 'DS3'. (rsDataSetExecutionError)
  • Query execution failed for dataset 'DS4'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
  • Incorrect syntax near 's'.

The last line of the error is the interesting one.

After doing a trace on the sql server while running the report I found that the query from the ReportData dataset had an additional letter added to the query at the end one of the predicates. This part of the query then looks like:

and m.Column1 in (N'Value1',N'Value2's)

If only a single parameter value is selected the additional s is not added and the report runs just fine.

The parameter values are coming from shared datasets.

Has anybody else experienced anything like this and do you have a solution/workaround (other than the obvious, rollback to the previous version of PBIRS)?

Best regards,

Steini

2 REPLIES 2
robertjordanmmc
Frequent Visitor

We are seeing the same issue on our Dev machine which has been upgraded to January 2020 PBIRS.

It appears to me to be happening when I have two different parameters that start with the same name i.e. @Family & @FamilyClass

only I'm getting the error on "Class"

it is obvious in the trace that it is using @Family:

AND em.[EquipFamClsCdAbbr] IN (N''GU'',N''G27'',N''GE'',N''GR'',N''GF'',N''G1'',N''GC'',N''GG'',N''GN'',N''G21'',N''G24''Class)  /*<--Should be @FamilyClass*/
  AND em.[EquipFamCdAbbr] IN (N''GU'',N''G27'',N''GE'',N''GR'',N''GF'',N''G1'',N''GC'',N''GG'',N''GN'',N''G21'',N''G24'') /*<--@Family*/

In our case the parameter name in the query is the same as the name of the parameter passed to the query (parameter value).

Parameters.png

After changing the parameter name the report runs without an error.

Parameters2.png

Regards,

Steini

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.