Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

just_a_machine

Error Error Processing Data Model Refresh : Unspecified error

Hi all,

I am struggling with the following error:

2018-11-25 01:06:08.5786|ERROR|60|Error Processing Data Model Refresh: SessionId: 5f88c235-56fa-4ae1-85bf-fa34aa0d67be, Status: Error Failed to refresh the model, Exception Microsoft.AnalysisServices.OperationException: Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'Unspecified error. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
'.
   at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Tabular.Model.SaveChanges(SaveOptions saveOptions)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.AsServer.TOMWrapper.RefreshModel(Database database)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.AsServer.AnalysisServicesServer.RefreshDatabase(String databaseName, IEnumerable`1 dataSources, String clientSessionId)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebHost.EventHandler.AnalysisServicesDataRefresh.RefreshDatabase(AsDatabaseInfo asDatabaseInfo)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebHost.EventHandler.DataRefreshScope.<>c__DisplayClass9.<ExecuteActionWithLogging>b__7()
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebHost.EventHandler.DataRefreshScope.<ExecuteFuncWithLogging>d__3`1.MoveNext()

This error is occurring when trying to do a scheduled refresh on an Access DB on Power BI Report server. I have been able to connect to the DB from Report server as a data source so it should be anything to do with OLEDB driver. 

Please help as this is an urgent problem for a client. I can find lots of refresjh errors on here but not found anyone reporting this unspecified error.

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.