Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic filtering in reports published to SharePoint

I have a published report with several pages that I want to use in Sharepoint. On teh PowerBI desktop, I use a filter that applies to all pages to select a single customer for the presentation of the report to the Sharepoint page using the PowerBI WebPart. I want to create multiple SharePoint pages on the same SharePoint site, each with a different customer filterred. I also need to lock the filters once set so that users cannot change the customer being viewed on a SharePoint page. Is that possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, it is not supported currently.

In addition, how about applying Row Level Security to restrict the data for each customer? RLS will work when using the new Embed in SharePoint Online option.

Reference: Embed a report web part in SharePoint Online - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SivinSidharthan
Regular Visitor

Is there any hope for this solution.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, it is not supported currently.

In addition, how about applying Row Level Security to restrict the data for each customer? RLS will work when using the new Embed in SharePoint Online option.

Reference: Embed a report web part in SharePoint Online - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using the PowerBI Embedding. Are you referring to some other integration for SharePoint?

jebrice406_1-1612871272480.png

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Don't do that.  Your users will hate it because they have to repeatedly log in to Power BI from the sharepoint page, and the very first thing they will try to do is change filters which you plan to prohibit. 

Instead, explore the proper Power BI Embedded option (not the iframe klutz).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors