Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SajjadMousavi
Helper II
Helper II

Cannot create/edit/delete/start refresh after moving to new server

Hi all

I have recently moved my Power BI RS instance to a new server. Old server is upgraded to the same version as new one before movement and new one has the same IP/computer name of the old one. I have backed up and restored report server databases (both main and temp) and have re-created SQL Server Agent jobs for scheduled refreshes (Scripted in old server and ran script on the new one). I have checked jobs side-by-side with Schedule and ReportSchedule tables in report server DB and all of them seem OK. Now I have this problem: I cannot edit/delete existing scheduled refreshes, neither can create new one, neither can start existing ones! All of these actions fail with this error:

SajjadMousavi_0-1655813953082.png

How can this be fixed?

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SajjadMousavi ,

It is not possible to reproduce such issues for the time being, check the related migration process and the possible causes of the scheduled refresh error.

Cannot create/edit/delete/start refresh after movi... - Microsoft Power BI Community

When scheduled refresh can't be used

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and related operation screenshoots. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply and link

I read the article you mentioned and my case isn't among the cases in which scheduled refresh supposed not to work. But there is something new: Yesterday we reverted back to old server because of severe performance problems in new one. Then we faced this error during refreshes:

There is no data in the database for @CatalogItemId=....

I searched the net and found this solution which has had worked on previous versions:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/There-is-no-data-in-the-database-for-catalogitemid/td...

I applied the change and the above problem was solved and reports are refreshing without problem. Now, when I try to edit a scheduled refresh I receive this error:

SajjadMousavi_0-1656213203399.png

Then I reverted the change to SP and tried again: Both of the above problems gone! So, the problem in OP is meaninglesss for now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.