Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hemanth

Can i embed a chart created in SSRS in Power BI report in Power BI Report Server

I have an SSRS report and a Power BI report . The requirement is that one chart in SSRS needs to come into the Power BI dashboard. I know it is possible to do it with Power BI Cloud service.

Is the same functionality present in Power BI report server.

Thanks,

Hemanth

5 REPLIES 5
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

This is not something that is natively supported with the on-prem server but you could acheive this using a custom visual that embeds the RDL report.

We are consistently getting logon failures using the web API to embed on premise Power BI into our app.

Which API are you trying to use? The only supported embed scenario right for on-prem Power BI reports is the following:

https://www.kasperonbi.com/embedding-power-bi-reports-with-power-bi-report-server/

We are able to establish the I-frame, and connect to the server, but the method to logon to the powerbi server is failing to authenticate.

The credentials that are failing through the API are able to logon locally to the powerbi web portal without issue.

The problem was the default service account for the PBI server was replaced with an internal one. When we reverted to the default service accounts from install the problem went away.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.