Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kitti
Helper III
Helper III

After adding data from Delta Sharing, got this error - The given data source kind is not supported.

Hi,

I tried to retrieve data from Delta Sharing and it asked a Token for credential in Power BI Desktop. After adding the data, I can save my report on Power BI Report Server but there is no data source info of it in Data Sources page. And the report scheduled refresh was failed with this error:  

COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManagedRoot, The given data source kind is not supported. Data source kind: UnknownFunction.

kitti_0-1703123902532.png

Can anyone please help?

KL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Scheduled refresh only supports a subset of the data sources documented here Power BI report data sources in Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Learn I cannot see Delta Sharing in that list. Typically with cloud data sources like Delta Sharing you would use the Power BI service, not the on-prem Report Server.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Scheduled refresh only supports a subset of the data sources documented here Power BI report data sources in Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Learn I cannot see Delta Sharing in that list. Typically with cloud data sources like Delta Sharing you would use the Power BI service, not the on-prem Report Server.

The data from that Delta Sharing protocol is from Delta Lake on MinIO that is running on-prem. But I think so Power BI Report Server may not support it for now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors