Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jerome22
Helper I
Helper I

Using an application insights as source for data activator?

Hi,

Is it possible or is there any plan to support application insights events as the source for the data activator area?

or using it as a KDL database?

I would like to monitor application insights activity from Fabric.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
jameshutton
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hello @Jerome22 ,

As you are probably aware, you can make a KQL database in Fabric. I have checked with the Fabric KQL team, who advise me that it will soon be possible to use a Fabric KQL database as the store for App Insights data. Additionally, we do intend in future to allow you to create Data Activator alerts from Fabric KQL databases. So I anticipate that in due course you will be able to have App Instights -> Fabric KQL -> Data Activator alerts. 

Standard disclaimer that roadmaps are subject to change! But that's our current thinking. Hope that helps.

Regards

James

WillT
Community Admin
Community Admin

This is a great feature request, thank you! We don't plan to add a native connection from Data Activator to App Insights at the moment. Eventstream will be the way to ingest data from other applications into Fabric (including Data Activator). You could do this today by following this: Export using Stream Analytics from Azure Application Insights - Azure Stream Analytics | Microsoft L... and pushing from ASA's EventHub into an Eventstream. It's clunky right now but we're working on making it much easier in Fabric!

Thanks

Will

Thank you for the link. I appreciate you.

thanks for the feedback.

I'll wait to see this in action 🙂

thanks

but the continuous export is deprecated 😞

is there other solutions available? (except doing incremental load)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors