Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kerski
Helper I
Helper I

Editing Trigger UI - Leverage Power Automate's look-and-feel

After working with the design mode for a Reflex artifact, I feel that the experience for editing a trigger could be better.  You can add steps based on a set of events and the steps are added to the bottom in order.  This layout lacks the look-and-feel that something like Power Automate provides where arrows indicate direction and the new step button and save button are apparent (example below).

Prior to Data Activator, I know many folks who used Power Automate (coupled with Power BI Execute Query step) to do what the trigger interface is trying to accomplish.  Why not leverage that UI design.

kerski_0-1688144670183.png

1 REPLY 1
WillT
Community Admin
Community Admin

Thanks for the feedback! We have a new UI coming that puts a template over the detailed steps to make the most common scenarios simpler; most customers reported they're just monitoring a value, detecting a condition, and acting on that - so a full-blown workflow canvas is overkill. We've also been looking at some simple indicators to help show the order that things get executed which should help. Appreciate you taking the time to think about it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors