Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

EmiliaT
Regular Visitor

Data activator in Fabric capacity metrics app not working

Hi - I have been trying to set up alerts for the fabric capacity metrics app. I have set the workspace to premium capacity and I am the admin of the workspace. Still when I am trying to set an alert for the utilisation graph or throttling graph to get an alert when total CU usage % is greater than 100%, I receive this error:

EmiliaT_0-1715587735733.png

I have tried the workaround mentioned in Build Alerts for Fabric Capacity Metrics App using Data Activator | Microsoft Fabric Admin - YouTube - but also receieved the same error message. 

Anyone who have had any success to set up alerts in the Fabric capcity metric report or who can help me avioding this error? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EmiliaT ,

According to the documentation, fabric capacity metrics need to be in the fabric workspace. Please select the fabric capacity metrics app and click Workspace Settings to change the license info.

vtangjiemsft_0-1715756373176.png

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
EmiliaT
Regular Visitor

@v-tangjie-msft I changed the workspace setting and put in in a fabric capacity setting - still receives the same error message. What else could be done to aviod it?

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EmiliaT ,

According to the documentation, fabric capacity metrics need to be in the fabric workspace. Please select the fabric capacity metrics app and click Workspace Settings to change the license info.

vtangjiemsft_0-1715756373176.png

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

I had already challenged Microsoft on that. It is one of the basic tenets of monitoring that the monitor should never be placed in the system it monitors.  The requirement stated in the documentation is in blatant violation of that basic tenet. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Sept Fabric Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - September 2024

Check out the September 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

September Hackathon Carousel

Microsoft Fabric & AI Learning Hackathon

Learn from experts, get hands-on experience, and win awesome prizes.

Sept NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - September 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors