Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

user5457

pbix file on sharepoint through Citrix, problems opening as read-only

Hello,

i'v placed an pbix-file on our sharepoint-site, installed on all the citrix servers the Power BI-application. When i click the file with Internet Explorer 11, I first see: how do you want to open this file? Read-only or edit. I see the right extension .pbix

I choose read-only and then suddenly I get a second dialog screen from Internet Explorer asking me what to do with the file? Open, Save or Save as. But in this dialog screen the file has a .zip extension instead of .pbix

I click open -> a temp directory opens and the original .pbix-file is suddenly a multiple file folder.

If click the .pbix-file on the sharepoint-site with Firefox, i have no problems at all. I don't get a second dialog screen asking me what to do with the file.

please give me adivce, i'v been searching like crazy for this...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As the issue is not related to Power BI, you can contact Citrix server administrator for help.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @user5457,

In your scenario, please upload another file like .docx then click the file in IE 11. Also please go to another computer without Citrx server installed, then click the same .PBIX file with IE 11 to see if the same issue occurs.

In my opinion, as you are trying to open .PBIX file from SharePoint Onilne via different browsers, the issue is more related with IE 11 browser or Citrix server. If issue persists, I would suggest you post a thread in IE 11 forum to get dedicated support.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I installed Power BI on my personal desktop and when i click read-only, I get the second dialog in Internet Explorer but the small ribbon below the screen with Open, Save As, Save. When I click Open, the program opens correctly, so not a zip-file.

I think it is related to Citrix...

As the issue is not related to Power BI, you can contact Citrix server administrator for help.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors