Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zctpklo
Frequent Visitor

Service Returned and Invalid Token (Microsoft Exchange)

So I have seen people have this issue with salesforce, but not with a microsoft exchange account. Everything was working fine for weeks until suddenly this happened one day and now I can't refresh my data because of this issue. From my little bit of research, apparently this may be due to some change in security settings?

Very confused, and just generally unsure how to fix this. Please help.

Image of Error:

Power Query Error Message.PNG

Image of Current Business Plan (Free trial hasn't expired yet):

Current Plan.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
ReportBuilder07
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @SamQC were you able to find a solution? I had the same issue with my SF credential too. I had to connect my data using a external connector and that helped me out. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with one of these tools. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options.

Gerardo_marin
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue, I tried multiple things and still showing the message

levkalm
Frequent Visitor

This worked for me:

1. cleared all permissions
  2. signed out from desktop app
  3. saved file
  4. closed file
  5. reopened file
  6. signed in to desktop app
  7. setup data sources permissions again
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @zctpklo 

Try clearing the Data Source Settings for your Exchange account then reconnecting.

Phil

If I answered your question please mark my post as the solution.
If my answer helped solve your problem, give it a kudos by clicking on the Thumbs Up.

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

It won't let me clear permissions for data source in the workbook. It won't let me delete the credentials for some reason (they are supposed to be getting used in some queries in the same workbook, not sure if that's relevant):

Credentials.PNG

It also won't give me a chance to reenter the pw anymore either (it says I am already connected to Windows):

Already Connected to Windows.PNG

😞

Just as another update to make this a bit clearer, this is the message I get when I try to clear permissions:

Permissions Won't Clear.PNG

The problem is that when I click delete, it doesn't actually delete the permissions. What should I do?

Hey!

Were you ever able to discover the solution for this? I am now experiencing the same issue and am unsure what the problem is. I've cleared my data source settings as well.

Cheers!

Same issue here...

Were you ever able to solve this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors