Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

COLHEA

Power BI Adding additional data based on date to a dataset

Hi Folks

I have a question regarding continuously adding data to an existing data set.

If you have an API that pulls in the last 7 days of data to Power BI, how do you add a new day to the existing dataset? The data source selected in Power BIis Web and the API linked is entered to set up the data source connection.

When you refresh the data you get the last 7 days of data. I want to build up a number of months of data and not just the last 7 days.

For example, you run the refresh on July 10 and it brings in data from July 2 to July 9. I want to set up a query in Power BI that will add a new day of data to the existing dataset every day.

For example, On  July 11, I  want to add an additional day of data, July 10 to the July 2nd to July 9th dataset.

On Aug 2nd, there will be one month of data for visualization. On Sep 2nd there will be two months for visualization.

Assistance on this is appreciated

Regards

1 REPLY 1
mahenkj2
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @COLHEA 

I can point you to a potential link, please check:

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/storing-data-from-a-web-API/td-p/1865719

Hope it helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors