Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

skasper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Personal Gateway not listed under 'Manage Gateways'

Situation:

Enterprise Gateway (EGW) installed on Server1 and actively being used by PowerBI.

In order to schedule refresh for on-premise data sources, I installed a Personal Gateway (PGW) on Server2. Setup runs through and the PGW is shown, when I go to 'Schedule Refresh' for one of my data sets:

Clipboard01.jpg

However, clicking on 'Manage Gateways' I only find the EGW there:

Clipboard02.jpg

Both Gateways run as a service on the respective servers and both use the same Windows Account.

Any idea, what I am missing here? Thank you.

Best - Sascha
Please always mark accepted solutions. It helps others with similar questions or problems. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
skasper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Here is the solution to my problem:

1. Personal Gateways (PGW) are not listed under 'Manage Gateways' like Enterprise Gateways are.
  2. The only way to 'configure' PGWs is via the 'schedule refresh' screen for a dataset.
  3. My problem was caused because the required MySQL connector was not installed on the machine with the PGW.
  4. Once this was installed and the PGW restarted, everything works fine.

In the end it was a typical case of PeBCaK - Problem Exists between Chair and Keyboard.

Best - Sascha
Please always mark accepted solutions. It helps others with similar questions or problems. Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
skasper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Here is the solution to my problem:

1. Personal Gateways (PGW) are not listed under 'Manage Gateways' like Enterprise Gateways are.
  2. The only way to 'configure' PGWs is via the 'schedule refresh' screen for a dataset.
  3. My problem was caused because the required MySQL connector was not installed on the machine with the PGW.
  4. Once this was installed and the PGW restarted, everything works fine.

In the end it was a typical case of PeBCaK - Problem Exists between Chair and Keyboard.

Best - Sascha
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@skasper You won't see gateway under Manage Gateways option if you're not the Administrator of the gateway ie person who has setup that gateway has to add you as an administrator of the gateway. If you are the person who installed person gateway then ensure that account you've used during installation of personal gateway is same as your account you are usign to login to power bi service.

Thank you for the input.

I am indeed the administrator for both gateways and installed both of them with the same account I am using for logging into PowerBI service.

Best - Sascha

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors