Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SHRUTHIPRAKASH

ODBC: ERROR [07002] [Snowflake][ODBC] (10690) Expected descriptor record does not exist during query

I'm trying to call a stored procedure from Snowflake into Excel PowerQuery using an ODBC connection. It works fine when I pass a single or multiple dates (in varchar format), but when I pass a string value (either single or multiple parameters), it gives the following error.

Note that this "Call" runs fine in Snowflake and there are no syntax errors in the procedure itself.

= Odbc.Query("dsn=SNOWFLAKE", "CALL FINANCE_DEV.FINANCE_DB.TEST_PROC_TWO_PERIODS('202303','202304') ;") --Works fine

= Odbc.Query("dsn=SNOWFLAKE", "CALL FINANCE_DEV.FINANCE_DB.TEST_PROC_PERIOD_STATE('MD','202304') ;") --Does not work; see error below

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [07002] [Snowflake][ODBC] (10690) Expected descriptor record does not exist during query execution.

Any thoughts on this? 

2 REPLIES 2
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

I was getting a similar problem. I had a Snowflake stored procedure that worked fine when called in Snowflake, but gave the error when called through ODBC. After some testing I narrowed it down to something with using multiple variables in a query inside the procedure.

With the following command in my proc, I get the error when calling the proc through ODBC:

select count(*) into :return_value from identifier(:my_table_name);

With either of these commands instead, the error doesn't appear:

select count(*) into :return_value from my_table;

select count(*) from identifier(:my_table_name);

I was able to re-write the procedure to avoid using the "into" and the ODBC problem is gone for me now. Hopefully this helps.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I'm experiencing the same issue, anyone have an idea what to look at to fix?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors