Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Help with this error. method 'SendEmailV2' has an invalid value for parameter 'To'

So i have a label which the email refers to but now for some reason it is throwing this error. Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(Label4.Text,"A Learning request has been lodged") And in the label4, I have a series of nested ifs like this: If(DataCardValue3.Selected.Value = "Coaching Request", "phil.mack@email.com.au", If(DataCardValue3.Selected.Value = "Training Request", "phil.mack@email.com.au", If(DataCardValue3.Selected.Value = "General Request", "phil.mack@email.com.au"))) Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah so the fix was just having the one if in the label so Wearsky you da champ!

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Are there any instances where Label4.Text is blank? A blank 'To' parameter of the SendEmailV2 action would cause an error.

You can extend a Switch statement to have a default value if no other clauses are met. I should have added it previously, apologies.

Switch(DataCardValue3.Selected.Value,
"Coaching Request", "phil.mack@email.com.au",
"Training Request", "phil.mack@email.com.au",
"General Request", "phil.mack@email.com.au",
"phil.mack@email.com.au")

Else, feel free to post an image of the error and will see if I can help further.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I've change the label to Switch as mentioned above but it is still throwing the error.

method 'SendEmailV2' has an invalid value for parameter 'To' below is the code that it is outlining as the issue.

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(Label4.Text,"A Learning request has been lodged")

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I'd agree with @v-xiaochen-msft's suggestion but streamline the if statement in Label4 to use a Switch instead - especially if you have to add more scenario's in future

Switch(DataCardValue3.Selected.Value,
"Coaching Request", "phil.mack@email.com.au",
"Training Request", "phil.mack@email.com.au",
"General Request", "phil.mack@email.com.au")
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Philmack ,

Please try this:

If(!IsBlank(DataCardValue3.Selected), Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(Label4.Text,"A Learning request has been lodged") )

And in the label4, I have a series of nested ifs like this: If(DataCardValue3.Selected.Value = "Coaching Request", "phil.mack@email.com.au", "Training Request", "phil.mack@email.com.au",  "General Request", "phil.mack@email.com.au")

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors