Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nokia447
Frequent Visitor

Google Analytics Concector - Support for GA4?

Hi

I am worried that there will be no official connector when Google Analytics drops the classic and only has GA4 from July 1st.

So far I have not seen or heard of any preview, or any announcement of any at least. 

I am sure it is not only me that is concerned.

Does anyone know if there are any plans?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jukka-niiranen

Looking at the change history for 2023 release wave 1, it looks like Microsoft has decided to remove the "Update Google Analytics connector to use V4 Data API" feature and move it to the next release wave:

jukkaniiranen_0-1684759737409.png

2023 release wave 2 will start in October 2023. So, considering Google Analytics support for Universal Analytics / UA / GA3 will end on July 1st, 2023 - that would be at least 3 months worth of downtime with no Power BI connector support. Not exactly the best possible plan for anyone who has been relying on the Microsoft built-in connector for integrating website analytics data into their own Power BI reports.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
OlegS
Helper I
Helper I

@nokia447as a temproray workaround you might consider windsor.ai. The GA4 data is imported in widsnor.ai account that you can acesss with Power BI. Here is a short instruction on how to import the GA4 data: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/Power-BI-amp-Google-Analytics-connection/idc-p/3251...

sambo345
Frequent Visitor

I found this open source connector a while back and it's been working fine: https://cooriedug.com/custom-ga4-power-bi-connector-setup/

jukka-niiranen

Looking at the change history for 2023 release wave 1, it looks like Microsoft has decided to remove the "Update Google Analytics connector to use V4 Data API" feature and move it to the next release wave:

jukkaniiranen_0-1684759737409.png

2023 release wave 2 will start in October 2023. So, considering Google Analytics support for Universal Analytics / UA / GA3 will end on July 1st, 2023 - that would be at least 3 months worth of downtime with no Power BI connector support. Not exactly the best possible plan for anyone who has been relying on the Microsoft built-in connector for integrating website analytics data into their own Power BI reports.

v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nokia447 ,

I usually check the plans here:
New and planned features for data integration, 2023 release wave 1 | Microsoft Learn

You may consider clicking on the contributors to the document to contact them and ask if there are plans for this.

vcgaomsft_0-1684303334937.png

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

wow is this it??? we have to wait now??? 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors