Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

carterth
Regular Visitor

Find in which column primary key duplicates

Hi Hive mind,

I'm pulling a report and found against which materials the primary 4 columns duplicate. I've merged these into one, so there are now 2 clear rows for each of the primary 4. I now need to be able to find where in the secondary columns (6 in total) the duplication is. This is easy to see visually using conditional formatting but as the data set will get quite large, I'd need to be able to extract answers quickly. 

Eg. In which rows does Status Duplicate?

carterth_0-1677531232551.png

1 REPLY 1
adudani
Super User
Super User

hi @carterth ,

refer to the video below:

(24) Find Duplicate Values in Dimension Tables - YouTube

I think if you want to check for the merged primary key for a duplicated status: 
You could either add a condition to the formula used above, by using a variable checking the product status.

Alernatvely, using a column concatenating Merged Primary Key and Status and Apply the formula in the video. So, if that has a duplicate, the concatenated column would end in Y and have a count of =>2.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!
If my response(s) assisted you in any way, don't forget to drop me a Kudos 🙂
Kind Regards,
Avinash

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors