Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Aidadiawndao
Frequent Visitor

Dax formula result blank

Hello, 

I use this CALCULATE formula to be able to show a the total ordered value for a country based the execution status but it shows blanck.

_TotalOrdered_Executed_PID_SelectedPeriod_Test = CALCULATE ( [_Sum Total Ordered Value], FILTER ( ALL ( Plant_ID_Period_Key ), Plant_ID_Period_Key[Date] = SELECTEDVALUE(Plant_ID_Period_Key[Date]) && [_Calculated_RPEXEC] = "Executed at PID Level" ) )

the formula of the _Calculated_RPEXEC] that was used is: 
_Calculated_RPEXEC =
SWITCH(TRUE(), NOT(ISBLANK(Plant_ID_Period_Key[_Sum Annual Plan Value])) && NOT(ISBLANK([_Sum Total Ordered Value])), "Executed at PID Level",
ISBLANK([_Sum Annual Plan Value]) && NOT(ISBLANK([_Sum Total Ordered Value])), "Unplanned PID", NOT(ISBLANK([_Sum Annual Plan Value])) && ISBLANK([_Sum Total Ordered Value]), "Pending Implementation", "NA").
I would like to see where the error is coming?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aidadiawndao ,

Does the filter context for Plant_ID_Period_Key[Date] contain multiple values? If so, the SELECTEDVALUE ( Plant_ID_Period_Key[Date] ) part returns null, which could be a reason.

Please try:

_TotalOrdered_Executed_PID_SelectedPeriod_Test =
CALCULATE (
    [_Sum Total Ordered Value],
    FILTER (
        ALL ( Plant_ID_Period_Key ),
        Plant_ID_Period_Key[Date]
            IN ALLSELECTED ( Plant_ID_Period_Key[Date] )
                && [_Calculated_RPEXEC] = "Executed at PID Level"
    )
)

Or

CALCULATE (
    FILTER (
        Plant_ID_Period_Key[Date] >= MIN ( Plant_ID_Period_Key[Date] )
            && Plant_ID_Period_Key[Date] <= MAX ( Plant_ID_Period_Key[Date] )
    )
)

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aidadiawndao ,

Does the filter context for Plant_ID_Period_Key[Date] contain multiple values? If so, the SELECTEDVALUE ( Plant_ID_Period_Key[Date] ) part returns null, which could be a reason.

Please try:

CALCULATE (
    FILTER (
    )
)

Or

CALCULATE (
    FILTER (
        Plant_ID_Period_Key[Date] >= MIN ( Plant_ID_Period_Key[Date] )
            && Plant_ID_Period_Key[Date] <= MAX ( Plant_ID_Period_Key[Date] )
    )
)

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

sorry, 

After checking, it gives me total of all orders without taking into account the date filters, So when I filter 1 PID, the sum is the same as if I select all PIDS

Hi @Aidadiawndao ,

In your previous code all filters from the 'Plant_ID_Period_Key' table were ignored, is this part necessary?
Please try:

CALCULATE (
)

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

Thank you Gao; the 1st solution works

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Aidadiawndao Tough to say without sample data to recreate. You might try this though:

VAR __Date = MAX(Plant_ID_Period_Key[Date])
  VAR __Result = 
CALCULATE ( [_Sum Total Ordered Value], FILTER ( ALL ( Plant_ID_Period_Key ), Plant_ID_Period_Key[Date] = __Date && [_Calculated_RPEXEC] = "Executed at PID Level" ) )
RETURN
  __Result

Otherwise, Sorry, having trouble following, can you post sample data as text and expected output?
Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks Greg, 

I still can't see any value coming 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors