Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

MohsinBipu
Helper I
Helper I

DateTime with If condition

I have shared a simple dummy chart.  I want to convert the date with the below 03 conditions-

1. If the Date does not exist, then it will return "N/A"

2. If the Date is less than today's date, then it will return Date

3. If the date is higher than today's date, then it will return "Est.  Date".

I using the below code, but this is not working.

if Value.Is(Number.From(DateTime.FromText([Date]) ), type number)
then
if DateTime.FromText([Date]) < DateTime.LocalNow() then
[Date]
else "Est. " & [Date]
else "N/A"

PowerBI Datetime.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

not([Date] is datetime)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MohsinBipu
Helper I
Helper I

Magic 😄

MohsinBipu
Helper I
Helper I

@wdx223_Daniel I have facing a Date format issue. your formula is giving DateTime format whereas I am looking for Date format only as in below picture.PowerBI Datetime.png

=if not([Date] is datetime) then "N/A" else (if [Date]< DateTime.LocalNow() then "" else "Est. ")&DateTime.ToText([Date],"dd/MM/yyyy")

MohsinBipu
Helper I
Helper I

@wdx223_Daniel your formula is working fine. can you please advise what was the mistake in my formula?

there are many data type in your data. DateTime.FromText is only used to convert Text to DateTime,  So, your first two conditions will get errors  when the value is a datetime already. And, Text and DateTime can not be concatenated directly, that will give a error too.

MohsinBipu
Helper I
Helper I

@wdx223_Daniel is working fine. you are great.

=if not([Date] is datetime) then "N/A" else if [Date]< DateTime.LocalNow() then [Date] else "Est. "&DateTime.ToText([Date])

MohsinBipu
Helper I
Helper I

@wdx223_Daniel  Thanks for your quick response. But I am getting only "N/A". Please see the below snapshot.  I do not change my data to Date format, Please see the below mark in the snapshot.  I dont want to change the data format to DATE. I want to solve it with a formula. Please help.

MohsinBipu_0-1676010391891.png

not([Date] is datetime)

wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

if not([Date] is date) then "N/A" else if  [Date]< DateTime.LocalNow() then [Date] else "Est. "&DateTime.ToText([Date])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors