Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Dataflow - Timeout - Link entities (Dataflow 1 as source for Dataflow 2)

Hello,

iam building a dataflow in Power Apps for Teams to digest and validate a dataset and store it into the dataverse.

The flow is structured into folders with multiple queries with a structure something like this:

00_catalog

- connecting lookup tables (sharepoint xlsx files)

01_connect input

- connecting input table (dataverse)

02_preparation

- data cleansing, column naming etc.

03_validation

- multiple steps to validate the input data

04_final load

- referenced query from 03_ split into

_data passed (filter = passed)

_data failed (filter = failed)

The query "failed" with the filter [error_message] <> "passed" fails after exactly 10:00 Minutes with the message

"The query was aborted".

I've read (once again) the (updated) PowerPlattform documentation and found the "Best Practices for desgining and developing complex dataflows".

While already following most of these best practices, the topic "Break it into mupltiple dataflows" seemed the most reasonable solution for my timeout error. I followd the documentation to the article "Consume data from dataflows ", but couldnt get it done.
The problematic Dataflow is shown as "invalid entity" when im trying to connect that dataflow with a new dataflow.

Has somebody any tips for me to get the dataflow running, where to look for improvements in my flow or how to split up that dataflow without building "temporary tables" in the dataverse?

Greetings,

Seb

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors